Sunday, December 30, 2012

Voting in Florida - Share Your Experience

This article in yesterday's Huffington Post suggests that as many as 49,000 Floridians did not vote on election day due to long lines. Fortunately, neither my husband not I experienced this problem while casting our votes in Volusia County. I arrived to vote at around 10:30am, and the whole process took under 25 minutes. My husband cast his vote after he got off work at around 4pm, and he was in and out of there in 15 minutes. My daughter attends Florida State University in Leon County, and there were volunteers on campus providing free transportation for the students to cast an early vote on Friday. That whole process took approximately 2 hours. My daughter was very excited as this was the first time she had ever voted!!! What county do you live in Florida and what were your experiences when you went to vote this year? Please share your thoughts with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment