Saturday, February 2, 2013

Publix Hot Italian Sausage in Crock Pot

I can't tell you how many times we have made this and even served it for dinner when we have company. Publix is always running sales on their delicious hot sausage, and also "buy one get ones" on their spaghetti sauces. There are so many great brands out there, we just grab whatever is on sale and don't worry about being picky. Today the sausage was on sale, and I had two jars of prego sauce in the pantry from the last sale. So I put one jar in the bottom of the crock pot, put the sausage next, no need to cut it, and then the other jar on top of that. Cook on low 8 hours or high 4 to 5 hrs. Today I am having mine with a salad because I'm low carbing, but hubby is having whole wheat spaghetti which was also "by one get one". I have also served it with, manicotti, stuffed shells, or even lasagna. We always grate fresh Parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment